Friday, February 09, 2007

What's In A Browser?

Sure I wouldn't be knowing, all I'd be knowing is one can cut the mustard and one can't.

When the mustard is copy/paste that is. I have spent more hours than I have digits trying to get texts to paste in the same configuration as they were copied, I.E. (7) now there's an abbreviation for you, id est the poem below.

No matter what I tried I always end up with one continuous block of text, in the finish I typed the poem from scratch in the "Compose " window.
Going by this laborious route I at least ended up with separate lines if not paragraphs, even they wanted to amalgamate, hence all the little full stops that can be found throughout the blog.

Then a little bird whispered in my ear, I listened to his advice, implemented it, and a very short story was born.

Are you sitting comfortably? then I'll begin.
Install FireFox, copy, paste, perfect result, end of story.

After switching to Firefox from IE, blogging has gone from nightmare to a pleasure, IE is NFG whatsoever for blogging.

Forever grateful to that little bird AKA The Bare Foot Bum.

No comments: