Wednesday, October 10, 2007

And Now For Something Completely Different: Buying Junk

.
Lee Woodruff takes a light-hearted look at The Sky Mall Trap.


How have I done it? How have I lived without Sky Mall in my life? You know, the magazine in the seat pocket in front of you when you get on an airplane?



My friend Sherrie and I were flying back from a vacation with our kids. Unable to read our books or truly relax with the young ones, we pulled out the Sky Mall catalogue as a last ditch entertainment option. That's when we both spotted them. The things that we suddenly realized we needed.



What first caught my eye was the Giddyup! Core Exerciser. Shaped like a saddle, it uses dual motors to simulate horse back riding, "causing your muscles to involuntarily contract and relax as you balance to stay up right" in the very comfort of your living room. This sounded like a thinly veiled housewife's dream, especially when her husband was out of town.more


What you might ask have the graphics got to do with the article, nothing saysI, just thought they were rather cool and can be found at:
http://www.worth1000.com/

No comments: